Monday, August 9, 2010

Stitches-June 30, 2010




I was in San Diego attending the SHRM conference. On my way home, I caught a connecting flight in Denver. I called home from the Denver airport to tell my kiddos goodnight and Hadley informed me she was in the Emergency room getting stitches! I honestly thought she was kidding me. She was so calm. Aaron finally got on the phone and told me she was telling the truth.
Hadley was holding the front screen door open talking to one of her friends that was walking by our house. When she was finished talking, she turned around to walk in the house and caught her foot/ankle on the door. We still cannot figure out what she scratched it on but she did get 7 stitches.
When the doctor came in to get started, Nicholas said, "Is it okay if I wait in the hall?" One of the nurses took him to the waiting room and watched t.v. with him. Aaron said Nick gave Hadley a great big hug when it was all over with and said, "it's okay sissy, you will be alright"

No comments:

...because we want to keep in touch