Monday, August 24, 2009

Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy

After a previous post, my good friend Carrie informed me what the other meaning of T&A is, so I guess I better use the technical terms. Favorite Girl had her tonsils and adenoids removed this morning. We had to be at the hospital at 6am for her 7:10 surgery. Here she is in the waiting room waiting to go back for surgery watching the end of Mickey Mouse Playhouse and Special Agent Oso.
She was such a big big girl and went right with the doctor once we were finished signing all of the required forms. As far as FG knew the only thing she was doing today was getting her ears pierced! She particularly liked Dr. B's Pooh hat. I don't know why I look so ticked. I guess I was tired from the 4 hours of sleep I got. Here we are back in her room recovering. She had to go potty right when we got back into her room. That was a good sign. FG was required to drink the whole glass of apple juice there on the table before we could go home. She tried her best but she vomited at 8:30. She was such a little trooper. She didn't cry once. The only thing that made her mad was the I.V. in her arm. She kept whining for them to take it out. Around 9am we tried some orange jello but she threw up again at 9:30. So she received a shot of Zofran to help with the nausea and then a shot of morphine to help with the pain.



The drugs really livened her up. Carrie came to visit and brought a Dora balloon. That really made her happy!

We watched Dora, Diego, and the Bunny Rabbit show while we were sitting in her room trying to recover. Once the drugs kicked in Favorite Girl was a new woman! She drank her apple juice, ate all of the jello, a purple Popsicle, an orange Popsicle, and all of the marshmallows out of a container of Lucky Charms. Once she ate all of the food and kept it down she ripped off the gown and said I'm all better, please take the I.V. out so I can get dressed.

The nurse gave FG Tylenol with Codeine and then released us. The CNA that transported us back to the front door did not want to be in the picture of FG in the wheelchair, but I caught her.

No comments:

...because we want to keep in touch