Monday, March 2, 2009

Wednesday February 25

Today we started our vacation trek. I took the kids to daycare hoping that I would have us packed up and ready to go by noon. That was wishful thinking! I hadn't put a single thing in a suitcase at noon. You know that map that has been passed around through e-mail that shows the woman multi-tasking? That was me on this day. I would go into a room specifically to get something to put into a suitcase and then pick up four other things and clean something else. Ugh! These are the days I wish I could be more like my husband and have a one track mind. Did I just say that out loud?!

I went and picked the kids up from daycare at noon, knowing that Favorite Boy nagging, "Mom are we ready yet, can I get in the car NOW?" would kick it into high gear for me. Finally, I packed three suitcases and we were off to Missouri for a night with the Goddard's. By the time we stopped for dinner and got lost on Route N three times we made it to their house a little after 8pm. The kids of course wanted no part of going straight to bed when we arrived. They were so excited to see Mia and Brooklyn and discover all of their toys. Luckily I think we were all in bed by 10pm so we could be up and off to the St. Louis airport at 6:30am.

No comments:

...because we want to keep in touch