Saturday, July 25, 2009

Calgon take me away!

We have all been a little under the weather lately. A few weeks ago Favorite Girl went to spend a few nights with Grandma for her very own special one on one time. Unfortunately, her first morning there she woke up with a fever of 102. We went to an Urgent Care Clinic near Grandmas and they diagnosed her with strep. Big yucky pussy tonsils. Poor Baby!!

This week the fever was back. We went to visit her Pediatrician and he said if she is better in two weeks he wants to see her again and we will discuss having her tonsils out. I was shocked to hear this. I anticipated having a rough winter and having to beg for the T&A. He said her tonsils are so huge that he believes she probably has obstructive apnea, thus the restless sleep. I also believe that is why she does not eat well and why she gags on everything...they are HUGE!! and always have been. The doctors have assured me her tonsils have nothing to do with the eating (I'm not a doctor but I still have my own opinion. She is my daughter!) SADLY, this has been my favorite time of day for the past two weeks.

We were not sick at all last winter. This was a first for us!! I am happy that we will have the T&A before school starts and before both kids are exposed to all new germs. Pray for us!
There is something about sleeping children. I love taking their pictures while they are asleep. I think it reminds me of going in just to stare at them when they were small babies.

No comments:

...because we want to keep in touch